- Call for Fees, Information, Hours, and Reservations - (207) 667-3244
- Tours and offerings include Basic Tours, Camping, Behind the scene encounters and more!
- Reservations suggested, call in advance, no refunds
Kisma is devoted to raising awareness concerning the inappropriate use of wild animals. They participate in rescue, rehabilitation, release and breeding programs when possible. The best placement for the animal is a priority; therefore species on hand may change. These animals are refugees from show business, illegal facilities or were exotic pets. Some animals that may be observed include:
- Maine natives: White-tailed deer, Fox, Birds, Owls, Raccoons among others native to Maine.
- Exotic wildlife: Big Cats, Monkeys, Tropical Fish, Reptiles, and Exotic Birds.
The Kisma Preserve is located on Mount Desert Island less than thirty minutes from Acadia National Park.
Hours, Fees and costs
Kisma hours are dependent upon weather or other circumstances. Call Kisma for hours, fees, information, or reservations (207) 667-3244
Basic Tours are available every half hour and may last an hour. Special opportunities are offered by reservation, such as camping, or for all ages, and Animal Encounters.
For serious individuals, Private Tours are available that offer encounters up close and with out bars. These include Photography Tours, Wolf, Primate and Reptile Tours. Reservations are required and dependent on the best interests of the animal.
Kisma may not be accessible for limited mobility and does not allow strollers. Be prepared for outdoor walks over uneven ground, gravel and grass and indoor buildings with low level lighting.
The facility's rules are in the animals' best interests. Visitors will be asked to leave at the discretion of the facility staff.