Open all year, Acadia National Park happily welcomes visitors at any time. However, some facilities are closed in the winter. You can get information from the Hulls Cove Visitor Center from April 15 through the month of October. From November to April 14th, you should get any information you need from the park headquarters on Route 233. Certain roads and trails also close, some in the winter months, and during times of hazardous conditions. Trail closures take place each year from February to March in order to protect nesting birds.
There are three visitor centers and the hours are as follows:
- Park Headquarters and Winter Visitor Center – Open all year but closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Years Day
November 1 to April 14 – from 8 am to 4:30 pm, 7 days a week
April 15 to October 31 – from 8 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday
- The Hulls Cove Visitor Center – This center is open from April 15 to October 31 and closed November 1 to April 14.
April 15 to June 30 – from 8 am to 4:30 pm
July and August – from 8 am to 6 pm
September – from 8 am to 5 pm
October – 8 am to 4:30 pm
- Thompson Island Information Center – Open from mid-May to mid-October, hours vary.
- Seawall Campground – This popular campground is open from late May to September 30.
- Blackwoods Campground – Open all year. This is a walk-in camping site from December 1 through March 31. You’ll need a permit.
- Duck Harbor Campground or Isle au Haut – Open from May 15 through October 15, and you’ll need a permit for this campground.
Key Road Closures
- Park Loop Road – closed from December 1 to April 14. A delay in opening and early closing may take place due to weather conditions. Only two short section of this road are open all year.
- Two miles south of Bar Harbor, the access via Schooner Head Road is closed from December 1 to April 14 for a one-mile section along the ocean.
- Access to Jordan Pond via Route 3 and Jordan Pond Road is also closed from December 1 to April 14.
- Unpaved roads in the park are usually closed from November 15 through May 14.
This information was obtained from the National Park Service website and we try to provide the most up to date information about the hours and seasons within Acadia National Park, but please note that the above mentioned dates and hours can change without notice. To directly contact Acadia National Park, please call 207-288-3338 or visit their website at http://www.nps.gov/acad/index.htm.